Thursday, May 24, 2007

Long time no post.

Yesterday was the big birthday. Not technically a "big" birthday...like 30 or something...but it was the date of my birth. In honor of my 24th year I've decided to mark each day with an inspiration. Perhaps it's a picture, a quote, a person, a movement, whatever it is, I need to record it.

Here's the moment of yesterday:

I can't explain how fired up I became after reading it. I think it'll be plastered all over my office from now on. Along with a list from the wish jar.

And here's a photo from today:

My couch. Actually my grandparents' couch from WAY back in the day. The couch actually pre-dates me. This couch (Loveseat honestly. The couch that matched was taken to goodwill on a tearful day due to a move. The move went sour and I lost the big couch. It was terribly sad.) was in both of my college apartments and has come with me ever since. The cushions, however beautiful the pattern may seem in this photo, have nearly sunk to the floor, but I still sit in it nightly, curling to fit on it's smallness and struggling to find that comfortable oldness that it brings. I love the couch, but I think it's nearing it's final hours. Regardless of how worn it might be, it's timeless. (According to me, and perhaps no one else.)

No comments: