Thursday, August 2, 2007

Today is poetry.

I woke up this morning to the sound of resurfacing road equipment dragging along the dewy pavement and clanking against the curb. My shower felt especially refreshing as the hot water steamed up the tiles, clearing my formally congested chest. I dressed in a jade colored sweater, piled on bright green mascara and slipped into my favorite nine west peep toe heels.
Hooray! I'm cured. Aside from a raspy voice (that Phoebe of Friends would truly admire) I am feeling like a new person today--I even lasted an entire day at the office!
It feels like a Thursday...tempting me with the approaching weekend. I can't wait to enjoy the early August sun this weekend.

A little Walt Whitman to get the health streak back on track:

"I know I am solid and sound,
To me the converging objects of the universe perpetually flow,
All are written to me, and I must get what the writing means."
(from Song of Myself)

That is awesome. simply awesome.
Happy August.

(did you know that august means "to be profoundly honored" like a revered holy man or king...ironic how most people hate August because it ends the sweet sweat of summer and starts the sticky first days of school where it is too hot to be in the linoleum coated classrooms...)

No comments: