Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nothing screams "whatta weekend" like a skull shaped wine goblet.


I found myself sick on Friday...yuck...who gets sick on a Friday? Sick days should be used on a Tuesday or Wednesday, never at the birth of a weekend.
Here's a photo of my sick self, medicinally drinking wine with my two dear friends. If liquid tylenol allegry sinus tasted as fresh and summery as reisling, I'd probably be feeling healthier today than I am, but alas, if you have a skull goblet, you must partake in a night of watching You Got Served (it's true, we watched it) and white wine with your girlfriends.
I've been working on card after card for the hula seventy summer postcard swap and I have to say, I'm not terribly pleased with my creative juices. I need some summer inspiration I guess. I have tried flowers and yellow and even Paul Celan (a poet I formerly despised).
I suppose some of the work is lovely, but it needs to be sticky with Iowa morning humidity and drunk with strawberry lemonade. They should be fresh with the smells new soil and daisies, colored with backyard furniture and croquet, and dripping with sunscreen.
If only my art could be as beautiful as my metaphors.
(PS- Thank you google image search.)

No comments: