Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy Caucus Day!

TWO things to report today.

1- TODAY is Caucus day! I can't even explain how proud and excited I feel. I mean as a lifelong Iowan you are often mocked for living in a town of less than 30,000 (or in some cases 30) and seeing cattle and farming equipment along the side of the road. I take these things for granted. Yes I grew up in a town smaller than any suburb of Chicago. Yes I drive past corn that's knee high in July and crisply tanned in the fall. But I love it. And today the spotlight is on my beloved state. I get to Caucus. I get to sit in a room with politically passionate people and exercise my right to vote in a truly unique and empowering way, as an Iowan. That is awesome.
http://www.iowacaucus.org/ Read more. You might understand my excitement.


2- My PAPER ADVENTURE with Elise and her blogland faithful began on January first.

The first step was making my binder ringed book...a first in my new adventures in "scrapbooking". I covered my book with some Martha Stewart wrapping left over from my Christmas gifts... and this week's challenge is balance. Now I lack balance in all aspects of the word. In fact, my tenth grade fitness test showed that I, unlike most 15 year old girls, had frighteningly low scores on the balance portion. I couldn't do a pull-up either, but I nailed that sit-and-reach. My lack of physical balance aside, I have a hard time balancing ALL the aspects of me at once. How do I put together all these things I value in a way that brings me peace, balance. I'm hoping for a fresh start in 2008. Something GREAT in 08. And this first paper adventure challenge was fun...so fun that I cannot wait for next week's. (I even added a little tag as page 2...I couldn't help my creative impulse.)




7 comments:

Marjolein said...

Lovely, like the use of photos a lot, and the idea of the tag is great!

EliseBlaha said...

love this! glad you are playing along!

Elaine said...

this is so different from anyone's I've seen so far! Its remarkable!

michelle said...

i love your layout. I love how you used your photos. i completely feel that way.

Unknown said...

Looks fantastic :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is beautiful, can't wait to see it grow.
I only just got mine finished.

Je@net said...

Love this idea!! Great!